Saturday, August 20, 2016

"AUNT DONNA'S STAINING PARTY'



Hot day in Albuquerque, and not a cloud in the sky.

Take it back--- one  little wisp was high-tailing it 
westward, as if to catch up with the big bunch from
yesterday. For once, forest fires were not sending
smoke our way.

Yesterday I was a "helper..." as we learned in Sunday
School.

I did stuff galore...helped with the cabbage stew,  
chopping celery in little bitty pieces...peeling and
dicing potatoes, cutting up a big head of cabbage...
clearing out the old magazine stack....and I don't
know whatall!

Now my son, a master craftsman with exotic woods
had brought me this nice gift box...for keeping "man's"
stuff in...and it needed staining.

So BE says to me this morning: "You have a lot of
Brownie Points  built up, and I'm a-gonna put on my
painting suit and stain that box for you!"

"Iff'n you'll just come out and sit on the porch and talk
and maybe sing to me a bit."

So Boys, as has often happened to me in my musical
life, there I was, once again called on to produce a 
solo.

"I'll wing it," I thought.

Here's the box...and here was my song...

"I was seeing Nellie ho-o-me
    I was seeing Nellie home; 
And 'twas from Aunt Donna's
    staining party
I was seeing Nellie home."
************
Mil
6 July 2016





No comments:

Post a Comment