Thursday, November 21, 2013

A THOUSAND SHAWLS



If you've read T.S. Eliot
You've heard of
"A thousand lost golf balls."

If you've shopped 
with my Beloved Wife---
You've shopped for 
a thousand shawls.

I've always thought of 
"shawls" and old ladies,
in rocking chairs
Knitting...reading...
and stuff like that...
All wrapped up in
shawls!

Not so! My woman
is a sprightly, beautiful
chick---lithe as the
writers say---she looks
good in...shawls!

Myself, being a man...
I prefer parkas, Burberries,
leather jackets, levi jackets,
Pendleton wools...and 
with sleeves---PLEASE!
That way, no norther can 
pierce them or blow them
off'n me.

No, I didn't take Shawls 101---
I don't understand 'em...
See, they are too porous
for cold-natured me.
A redneck might say, 
and well-put:
"Wal, I reckon I don't
have no use...
for shawls."

But I guess they're stylish,
suave, debonair, cute...
Women like 'em.
My wife has a thousand
of them
give or take.

She is out
SHAWL-SHOPPING
right now.

And likely freezing.

********30*******
BY MIL
FOR DGM
11/15/13



Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment