Wednesday, November 13, 2013

"FLIES…..BEES…..AND TAQUITAS!"


 by Bob Snipes, guest writer
Last Saturday and Sunday were absolutely gorgeous.    Sunday afternoon Betty wanted to get out of the house and I suggested that she go with me to Oasis and she could sit in the sun and read or walk a little and I could fish for a while.  She was a little hesitant but agreed to go.   When we got there, she went to a table to sit and read.  Well, the very first thing, she was shooing the flies off the table and a little bee stung her on the finger and it began to swell and she was in pain.   As I was fishing she came to me and asked if I had any salve?   She wanted to know if there was a first aid station at the lake?-no.   Well she endured for another 10 minutes and continued to shoo flies away----she said there were a thousand of them.   Well, she came to me and ask for the keys to the PU so she could get away from the flies.  I gave her the keys and told her that I was about through fishing?? and would be there in a few minutes.   So much for the outing at Oasis.  But it did end well.   On the way home we stopped by Foxy Drive-In and got 6 taquitas and headed home.   After 3 taquitas and some Benadryl for the finger, everything was okeydokey. All nestled in her easy chair with her book and an occasional peek at the football game,  Betty was a happy camper.  Needless to say,  there will be no more outings to Oasis.  

----30----
FOR MIL'S PLACE
by Bobby Snipes, guest writer
11-14-13 

No comments:

Post a Comment