Thursday, November 14, 2013

DEATH KNELL FOR OUR DELL



Can we set
And talk a spell?
For I have a sad story
Which to tell...
It is about
The demise of our Dell.

Our old faithful
Computer friend
of many moons---
Had written many stories,
Looked up untold data,
And played many tunes.

A few months ago
It began to act
Like a senior citizen...
It was slow
It forgot that it was "on,"
And 'sposed to be doing
a job of some kind.
It sometimes seemed to just
Go to sleep.

One morning it didn't wake up.
It was in a coma,
Sorta.

So we called the best
Computer guy in the business---
Our friend, Dal
To work on our Dell.

He did surgery.
And he took all the
DRIVE out of our Dell...
Took it with him
To recover data---
Our Dell is just a shell...
Just a body...
Its soul is gone.

Well, why don't I tell you
How I wrote up the story
"News style?"

Here it is:
Alas, Dal, our Dell
Computer guy
Made a house call...
And said we'd have
To put down our old Dell.

The Beloved Editor said:
"Oh no, no, no,
Not our Dell!"

I left the room to write this
Poem...this tribute and obit
For a loyal and faithful friend
(I couldn't watch the ending.)

Here is my little verse:

"As computers go
Our Dell was swell!
It always answered the bell,
Up to its final knell.
Not much more I can tell.
No need to dwell."

(Okay, you try one...)

********30*******
BY MIL
11/12/13

No comments:

Post a Comment