Wednesday, August 2, 2017

THAT "DAPPLED" LIGHT OF MID-SUMMER





The table by my "writing window" 
      is draped with a cloth 
  covered with many shapes 
             of green leaves---
      and fruits of all kinds
like pears, apples, grapes, apricots,
      cherries, and even 
           little violet flowers...

In Mid-summer, Old Sol has escaped 
    the clutches of Capricorn
and roams north big time and rests
      a day over Cancer, before
heading back South...

That's when, over my left shoulder
      from the direction of 
"The Watermelon Mountains," 
      here on the 5600 feet high mesa---
the light comes pouring in my window
       every morn....thru the waxy bush
    just outside
which "dapples" it, 
       as it touches my writing place...

It is then the light reflects
      into my soul....and
illuminates

and I begin to write.
**************
MIL
2 AUGUST 17

No comments:

Post a Comment