Wednesday, August 23, 2017

ALL LIFE IS POETRY


"Anything worth thinking about is worth
     singing about.". Bob Dylan---
                        "The Essential Interviews

Don't ever laugh about anything
      found in a poem.

Haven't you ever read "The Red 
              Wheelbarrow,"
     by William Carlos Williams ?

Even a renowned scientist I know
    recently said regarding FB:
  "Anything worth writing about 
       may deserve five hundred 
          words."

(And he didn't say: "And with poetry
    you don't hafta make sense, and
        you can design your own
               format.")

The whole thing is YOU and YOURS!

You should have Mary Oliver's 
      unsurpassed
"A Thousand Mornings" ever present
       by your coffee pot...
             for daily inspiration...

The monthly poetry volumes from
     The Poetry Foundation
will serve to astound, amaze, and
      motivate a "wanna-be" poet...

"Why I always wanted to try a poem
     but was afraid to..."
"Why I suppose the rhyme thing scared
      me off ..."

(You're in luck. It may be that more poetry
today doesn't rhyme...,than does.
If not in good hands, attempts at rhyming
can be forced...and trite.)
----------
Today while donning my favorite worn 
Carhartt rugged blue denim shirt over
a soft black comfy Harbor Bay Henley---
and slipping on some nice knitted socks...
and adding my rakish olive fatigue cap 
made of "Fire Hose" fabic from DULUTH---
all this after toweling my face with a soft
terry cloth towel...

I thought of the miracle of TEXTURE. 

Life is filled with OPPOSITES ...and 
variations...just to make it interesting,
and maybe alleviate boredom.

The chefs say it is true in food also...
textures AND flavors.

What if I wrote a sort of poem about
textures or fabric? 

And I thought of Grandma's penchant
for saving square remnants of cotton
and silk and  wool from sewing-times...
when she made dresses for BE and
shirts for the kids and slip covers for
my  chair pillow...and put them in a
quilt.

Stories could be told with each one of
 those fabric pieces...as they cropped
up along the journey of life... and were
worn over and over...

See what I mean about....poetry, and all 
of life...if we'd only open our eyes.


-----------
MIL
23 AUGUST 17

No comments:

Post a Comment