Wednesday, August 23, 2017

MY BEAR QUILT



Old Sol is headed
    back toward Capricorn
                and
it's okay...for we are tired
      of the heat

It was "that time" in August
     for the usual
summer cold spell
      and it didn't disappoint

The first little snappy 
      and cold mini-norther
blew in, big time, 
      coupla days ago and
to one that's over fifty, 
     probably seemed colder
than it....really was

I dug out my Great Bear Quilt
     (that the kids gave)
(it was folded behind my chair)
               and got comfy
and stayed warm
      during my nap

and 
I realized, as little kids do
     how grand a blanket
or a quilt can be...

They bring 
            more than warmth...
there's familiarity, like seeing
     an old friend...
there's comfort, coziness, 
      and security...
and the knowledge that
    "someone who loved 
        you, gave it."

A personal quilt 
        is a most-happy thing.
----------------
MIL
22 AUGUST 17

No comments:

Post a Comment