Thursday, August 3, 2017

A SUNDAY MORNING MOON...BY A WHITE WINGED DOVE!



This beautiful, peaceful, quiet Sunday
     morning with the sun barely
up, and the light still sparse

I was sitting at my writing place, and
     as oft is the case...looking 
out at the rising dawn

Wanting to do a bit of writing...
          WHEN, "BONK--THUMP"

A white-wing dove big as a 
       bantam rooster landed
          right on the window bar
     next to the grain...

O he was a work of art--- gray,
      with black-feather accents,
and neat white-strips 
      of feathers...and he was 
so smooth, along the 
         head and neck, as if
coiffed for Sunday-go-to-meetin'...

(How can you describe a creation
     like this without saying "feathers"
over and over?)

Did the Heavenly Father just in one
      moment say: "Let there be a 
dove!" or...

Were the "Days" of creation actually
     eons-long and much intricate 
planning went on...to provide Man
      
all the "beauties of the Earth?"

 "peck...thump...peck...thump..."
      the beautiful bird had turned...

...and  WAS "MOONING" ME!
             Shamelessly...

I grabbed my camera...and I had
            my Sunday "poem..."

And I had never realized...
      the beauty... of a 

dove's bottom.
************
MIL
23 JULY 17

No comments:

Post a Comment