Saturday, October 12, 2013

THAT BIG OAK TREE




THAT BIG OAK TREE

  By Betty Keyes Danielson,
  Albuquerque Writer
I see a big oak tree,
  it's branches reaching to the sky.
This big oak calls to me
  to soar up very high.
I shall throw a rope up over
  to make of it a swing.
I could fly up high above the clover
  like a bird with outstretched wing.
I will be content to lie
  under the big oak tree.
I'll dream of days gone by
  and listen to the hum of bees.
Time has taken a toll on me
  with days now  long gone by.
But I do clearly see
  in my dreams l shall fly.


 ************************
   FOR MIL'S...
   10/12/13

   Betty Keyes Danielson is an acclaimed historian and
   writer. She has been a personal friend for over fifty
   years. We worked together on many church projects
   with me as photographer. 




No comments:

Post a Comment