Tuesday, February 6, 2018

"THE MEDITATOR"




The Meditation Lady with the PHD said:
    in her class...  (loud and clear)...
"Meditate...it will clear your mind."

I tried it...tried it lots...I mean
    meditating hard as I could,
'til I was about "meditated out.."
     tried it...but

The more I tried---the more stuff
   I thought of...
You know---lots of stuff...
   Good stuff     Bad stuff
Happy stuff   Sad stuff
   Relaxing stuff   Worrisome stuff
Shady trees, with iced tea
   and books...and
The frig ice-maker that's always
   broke...

The whys and why-nots of things
   and the wheres and wherefores
or
  What'll my next story or poem be?

Coupla dozen times over the years
   I just plain old dozed off
and kept on meditating
   in dreams...

(Maybe that was good.
    I'll ask the PHD.)

Oh I tried (watching BE doing yoga,
    and  Foo Swii, Fung Shway,
along with Confucius...

I tried holding my forefingers
  together with with my thumbs
like I had seen in photos...
  but it didn't help
and even did a few "ohmm's"
   like Dreyfus did in that
Marsha Mason movie...
   "The Goodbye Girl" but
no luck...

My mind wandered...and I
kept thinking of more stuff...

Now the MoTab Choir helped
   relaxation some..as did
crossword puzzles...and poetry,
  but the sad fact I'm here to
tell you...sit down for this---

I believe some meditators
   are faking it....Oh I know
they talk a big game alright...
    and also
I'll never amount to anything
   in  the meditation world...
it'll just never happen...
  BUT

The Meditation Lady deserves
   much credit, for you see---

All these things always cropping up
   and creeping in and ruining
my "quiet time" have made me,
   so my faithful readers say:

"One heck of a MUSER."
------------
MIL
"THE MUSER"
7 FEBRUARY 2018

 

No comments:

Post a Comment