Tuesday, April 25, 2017

SHAZAM!




THAT VELVETY VOICE!
************************

There I was 
     at a City of Albuquerque
              awards banquet
and wishing I was instead, off
     somewhere on a quiet 
lake fishing and sipping a Diet Pepsi!

Donna and her partners had won
     a big prestigious city-wide award
for excellence in teaching of the arts...

And guess who was there to emcee
     the presentations...

Yes! M. R. walked up to the microphone
     to name the winners from a dozen 
  categories and hand out the awards...

Oh, I had heard her 
     fantastically-marvelous-melodious 
          voice a thousand
 mornings on Classical Music FM 97.3---
       a low, sultry, never-to-be-forgotten....
beautiful sound!

So really...this was even better than  
     fishing!

On this night, she walked to the mike
     and began speaking...ah...she 
talked with an almost-Texas drawl...
     sorta like me...

As I listened, befuddled and crushed in 
   spirit, and wondering what had
happened, I heard her say:

"Maybe it'd be fitting if on this night,
    on this august occasion---that I speak
in my Radio FM voice!"

And as if she had said "SHAZAM," she 
    went into  this astoundingly low
soothing,  sexy, to-die-for-voice, filling
     the whole room with overtones...
   and amazement.

A few hundred male jaws dropped open...

I thought the microphone would melt...
     and I know my heart did.
--------------
By Mil
21 APRIL 17








No comments:

Post a Comment