Monday, April 10, 2017

HE SAID TO ME..."I DON'T BELIEVE IN MIRACLES"


                       Photo by W.L.M

My friend said...
"I don't believe in miracles."

I believed I had a losing. 
     discussion with this man,
a' comin' up...

I said:
You are a miracle...I am...
The sun is a miracle
      clouds and rain...
Having friends along the 
      Journey is a miracle...

Have you thought of---
      Singing birds, little
puppy dogs and jumping
      frogs...
Trees and leaves, of all kinds?

How about wonderful wives
      and little babies 
with their little fingers and toes,
      and first two lower 
front teeth...and first giggle...

Remember our mothers
     who nursed us thru
measles, mumps, sore throats...
     and always cooked for us?

And dads, who taught us all
      manner of things 
and took us fishing and stuff...

Have you thought about---
     the miracle of Freedom,
and how lucky we've been
      in the good old USA ...

The mountains and the hills,
     the rocks and the rills...
The fish, that jump and the 
      hawks that soar...

And running and jumping 
     and competing in sports
and your body is made
     to heal itself...

How can I even name a thousand
      beautiful flowers---the roses,
the daisies, the daffodils...dast I
     mention sunflowers and 
crocuses...

"My friend," I said, "you just need
      to go look at THE SOIL
and see what miracles, come
       from it."






********************


BY MIL
3 April 17


No comments:

Post a Comment