Wednesday, September 21, 2016

THE SEA...THE GREAT "ALONE"!

"Eternal Father, strong to save
Whose arm doth bind the restless wave..."
Navy Hymn, "Melita"




Here am I, out on the unimaginably
     vast ocean--- my trimaran, 
built and guaranteed 
          by Unsinkable Boats, Inc.,

SANK.... in a storm.
     (You don't want to hear 
            about it!)

I survived on my little raft, and
     that's about all that did...

I'm thirsty out here, and as Coleridge
     once wrote;
          "Water, water everywhere...
         ....and not a drop to drink."

Thus I occupy my thinking with an 
      endless debate: "Would I be 
   better off...in the GOBI?

One thing to be certain of, out here---
      The view from my raft is
    pretty much the same ev'ry day...

That's why the friendly white, and
      sometimes billowing clouds---
             seen daily on the horizon
   are so welcome and such friends!

But---no more storms, please.

The dolphins do swim along with me 
            some
      and that helps a little.

Luckily I kept my cell phone camera
     wrapped in my survival vest...
          and got this picture...but
  it didn't reach anywhere, 
                and eventually died.

Have you ever studied photos of the
     sea? Look at it, it goes uphill!

Alone on the vast sea, one has time 
     to think...to ponder things...

What kind of BEING...CREATOR...
     could conceive and create
          this gigantic planet---
  "EARTH?" The sea alone weighs 
           jillions of tons...and then there's
     whole universe---the Cosmos---
with millions of galaxies and stars,
      so many light years away, 
   we can't even fathom...and then..

THE SUN!

A gigantic choral piece from college choir
     days keeps echoing in my memory...
           composed by Richter...

"In the beginning God created the heaven
       and the earth, in the beginning...
And the earth was waste...waste...and...void."

"And the Spirit of God moved upon the face
     of the waters...the waters...the waters..."

"And God said: Let there be light!
      And there was light!

Li- ah-  ah- ah- ah- ah- ight .... Light...Light...
                           Light...

AND....THERE....WAS...
                              
LIGHT!"         

If I ever reach land again,
     I'll never be the same.

**********************

BY MIL

No comments:

Post a Comment