Wednesday, August 26, 2015

JOURNEY TO THE SKY



Journey to the Sky

by Bobbie Bolton Burnett

      Oh clear blue cloudless sky
    Take me with you when I die
     Lift me up to touch the sun
  Beyond your fences let me run
 Oh never ending breathless sky
  Watch me know that I can fly
     Forever on a summer day
And not one cloud to block my way
       Oh clear blue cloudless sky
     Take me with you when I die
      Lift me up to touch the sun
    Beyond your fences let me run
Oh pure and endless sun-lit sky
Reach out your arms, take me inside
       I long to feel wide open space
 With fields of sunshine on my face
       Oh fine unfettered open sky
Swing wide your doors and let me by
      To sing a song of joy and glee
My earth bound soul has been set free

Bobbie Bolton Burnett

©Bobbie Burnett 
02/09/01 




....................................................................................................
FOR MIL'S PLACE
by Bobbie Bolton Burnett, CHS '59
Guest Writer









No comments:

Post a Comment