Saturday, August 15, 2015

"JEREMIAH", NEW RESIDENT ON BUBBA'S POND



 "JEREMIAH", NEW RESIDENT ON BUBBA'S POND


 I have a squatter---an uninvited
    guest--- hangin' out, regular,
like an old forgotten
    relative, who, one day
just showed up
     to stay    

I kinda envy him...he just
    sits there cool (me I'm
hot this August) 
    and seems to enjoy
hisself immensely

Why, I'll swanny, some days
    it seems like he 
don't move
     for fifteen hours
at a stretch

But don't be misled, that
    little toad is a'gonna
get fat…he flicks out that
    long quick tongue of his'n
and scarfs-up every bug
    or fly within reach

But get this, my frog is
    a toad---with class
Why he "smells the roses,"
    so-to-speak, as he 
goes thru his little life

I oft catch 'im smellin'
    of my little pond
flower, floatin' there...
    (don't know what it is---
the seed just blew in
     and it grow'd )

Sometimes, I think he is
      tempted
to eat it...my flower

Now don't you, my reader
    be say'n 
"Bubba, eat some frog legs!"

O No! for you see, Bubba
    is a nature-bonder...
(I have even named my 
     squatter-frog--"Jeremiah,")
an' we have bonded

Might say, "we're friends"---
    Both up early, when
things are quiet...and we
  "talk"

We CROAK a little back and forth,
     tho' I'll admit I can't 
understand him...and I ain't
     much of a croaker, myself

So here we are, me and Jeremiah,
     on this journey thru life
and I reckon I'm getting kind
    of fond of him---
he really don't bother nobody...

an' he can stay as long as he wants,
     like a long-lost uncle.
**************
"Jeremiah Was a Bullfrog":  Three Dog Night  (cartoon)



MIL
15 August 2015

1024 hrs.

No comments:

Post a Comment