Thursday, April 16, 2015

MUSING DOG….. IN GERMANTOWN



Photo by Kindell Brinay Moore

I'm being "dog-sat,"
    Ever heard of it?

Well,  it's tough, having
    my Master gone...
You see---she is the best person
    in this whole wide world---

Reckon I'd die without her.

My sitter is okay...she's nice.
    She is a photographer
Problem is, she follows me around
    all time, with a camera...
Has that ever happened to you?

It gets a little old.

I'm here on the balcony, meditating
    and musing,
Looking out there at the city
    of Nashville, where the country
and cowboy singers live---they
    even wear hats indoors
at concerts and dinners...why, I
     haven't figured out yet.

Why they're here and not out west
     at Santa Fe, Tombstone,
          or Pahrump, I'll never
               know.

When you hear snippets of the evening
      news broadcasts, you realize
            that it is a convoluted
                world out there...

I reckon most dogs are nicer than a
    lot of people; oh, now and
         then we hear of a bad dog
              I'm sorry to admit.

People'd probably be happier if they
     had tails
          they could wag.
******************
BY MIL
4/11/15
(Germantown is a division of Nashville,
Tennessee. Interesting to read its history.)

No comments:

Post a Comment