Thursday, February 13, 2014

WINTER SUN... ON THE PATIO







I sit here on my patio, in February
    absorbing the sun's rays...
fully-clothed  and with a
    a jacket and cap.
At least the two-o'clock winter sun
    is pouring some vitamin D
into my bare face.

It is cold! Why am I out here?
    Well, I try to think poetically 
and see things...unseen things...
     if one's not looking...

I want to see the grass bright green again...
    I want to hear the doves of April...
         coo again...
I want to smell the honeysuckle of May
    again, in all its fragrance...
I want to feel and absorb the unsurpassed
    coolness and freshness of 
         spring breezes...

I want to sit and watch the quarreling jays
    in the top of the pine tree...
  To be mesmerized by the little hummingbirds
        hovering like miniature choppers
             and having their fill...


To hear the children all over the neighborhood
     running and laughing...with the joy
         of life...
To see the rose bushes laden with roses
    in full bloom...

To hear a mower, cutting grass, somewhere
    far-off...at a distance...
To see and smell the Rose-of-Sharon
    in bloom...
And above all, to look up and see the 
   friendly, fluffy, floating white clouds
         soaring gracefully by,
           as if they were 
            sailing ships
               at sea!

O, but it is too early in the Earth's rotation
    for all that...it is February...

I must enjoy what is here, now...

I know, if I sit here under the sun
    awhile...
The Creator will speak to me...
     and I will see...
            other things.




******30******
BY MIL

01/07/14

No comments:

Post a Comment