Tuesday, February 11, 2014

"ALWAYS A SOU CHEF...NEVER A CHEF"



*****************************
"AND WE SHOUDN'T....
*****************************

We talk about weighty things...
My wife and me...

We like food---and we shouldn't.
We talk about it all the time,
and we shouldn't.

We watch the Cooking Channel
and we shouldn't.

We are fans of Bobby Flay,
Alton Brown, and Emeril
and we shouldn't be...

We cut out recipes and get them
off Facebook, and we shouldn't.

Folks our age should be over
and done with food!
But we're not....

Did you know that the French
have a saying: "The English have
a thousand religions, but only one
sauce!"

Now on that subject, did you know:
Every chef, worth his salt (oops),
has a "HOUSE  SEASONING"  of
his own design and preference,
when doing recipes on TV.

Paula Deen's (we love Paula) is:
One cup salt, fourth cups
of black pepper, and garlic powder.

I, a lowly "SOU" chef, (but one with
five corn breads, and all manner
of chilis and stews), also have a
"HOUSE SEASONING" which
goes into everything!

I told my wife this----
         "I too, have a House Seasoning
          of my very own...."
But did I get to say the punch line?
NO!

Beloved Editor died, almost
fell out of her chair, laughing,
all the while saying: "I know yours!"

"IT'S LIPTON'S ONION SOUP MIX!"

********30*******
BY MIL
11/20/13

No comments:

Post a Comment