Sunday, April 29, 2018

TWO ONION POEMS




"ONIONS"
                                 by MIl

There are just
     two of us
          now
and

Wouldn't 'cha know it
      we still
           like onions
now then

Don't they grow
     small ones
           anymore?
for

We don't need
     camtaloupe-sized
           onions!

It's true.

What has happened
      to
         everything?
-------------
Send your ten line onion poem
   to Mil and B.E. 
--------------


                         "I LOVE ONIONS"
                      
                     by Bobbie Bolton Burnett

Onions, I love onions

In chicken casseroles

On hamburgers

Mixed with eggs and stuff

You want fries with that?

No, I'll have onions, please!

But it makes my heart quiver

When you ruin my onions 

WITH LIVER!
------------------
by Bobbie Bolton Burnett
     author of 
"My Father's House"

No comments:

Post a Comment