Thursday, April 12, 2018

THE "DAPPLED LIGHT" IS BACK.....AND CALLS



O here on the MESA
     in the shadow of the Watermelons
at my writing window
      the white-wing doves are back
and asleep on the grain chunks
      just outside, five feet away
and paying no attention to me...
     their  feathers puffed out
for warmth...necks pulled in--
     and they're dozing....
How quaint and homey!

It is now Spring here---plus twenty
     give or take, and the nights
are one-quilt or one dog-lesser...
        and the "Dappled Light"
which comes in to my writing table
      is back...and is never
the same---one day to the next

The Sun sees to that as it climbs
      higher headed north...

The robins are hopping all ever
      our front lawn...one is
seen even in the bush outside
     my window, and
sometimes I think they are
              loco--for
there are no worms high up...

It is past crocus-time here, and
     BE has done her
favorite thing, finding plenty of
      daffodils to purchase
and disburse to friends---
    and someone brought tulips,
yellow ones---to us
     and I study these
marvelous flowers......and worship...

It would take pages of verse
     to tell you of the beauty and
wonders of spring
      as I sit here and ponder
the gifts we have in life,
    all around us...

The dappled light called to me
     today, as it always does---
"It's  Spring again...and Time to write
     once more..."
           
        O,  it's the light...THE LIGHT.
---------
MIL
11APRIL 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment