Wednesday, June 21, 2017

ON GIANT HYPODEEMIC NERDLES....AND WAITING



ON GIANT HYPODEEMIC NERDLES....AND WAITING


Have you ever noticed that waiting takes
forever?

Have you ever noticed:
     The people who make you wait, never
apologize...ever.

Why, would you believe that on two 
visits to the same favorite doctor, I arrived 
each time fifteen minutes early (which they 
love---why I don't know---) and had to wait 
forty more minutes...both times.

Have you ever "gone and figured" that the
world's multitudinous waiting lines are 
filled with mostly old folks....who have "paid
their dues." They have fought the good fight
and kept the faith...and they are oft tard and...

....worn out...feeling miserable...and usually
called upon to wait...anywhere and 
everywhere.

Those pros who set appointments for their 
services owe it to their clients to so arrange
their professional day, as to show efficiency
in their operation.

Is packing their schedule to make up for
no-shows---the answer?

I know of a foot doctor's office where one
is lucky to be in and out in an hour and 
forty-five minutes.

I will tell you an interesting story. (Have you
ever had a single doctor that you looked
for a pain or ache as an excuse to visit 
him or her?)
         Well I had one.
He was that kind of likeable, efficient
physician. He had a sign up over the
receptionists' desk saying: "IF YOU HAVE 
BEEN WAITING MORE THAN TWENTY
MINUTES, PLEASE INFORM US."

They meant it too; tho' you might have to
wait some more in one of those numerous,
mysterious rooms off the long hall. I liked
the doc anyway.

He came in and checked the little bitty
bump on my nose, where the glasses had
rubbed...and said "Hmmm...we'll get that 
little thing..." and he was gone.

I lay there on that cold leather table with
the silly white paper on it...and no pillow...
and after a while this cute nurse came in
and I was taken with her...and watching
her and she put down this awful tray filled 
with E-VIL looking clinky, chrome, 
implements...and a "needle" and she left.

After she was gone I noticed the biggest
HYPODEEMIC NERDLE on that tray I had
ever seen...and you know, I didn't even
give it a second thought or worry a bit!

For anyone with a first aid background like 
mine, I could immediately tell that an error
had been made...for that little ol' bump on 
my nose, you'd need TINY gadgets and a 
TEENSY needle with very little stuff in it.

No, it was a mistake. There had to be a vet
down the hall that treated horses! Or 
something...to require such a dire needle...

Well, guess what! I was wrong. There was 
no horse doctor within a mile. That needle 
was FOR ME. And he got the bump and 
mailed it in. And my nose was numb for 
days....

I stayed with those folks anyway; they had 
a good operation...and little waiting. And
me and the ladies at the front desk had a
running joke, for they had heard of my
disbelief and disdain for the BIG HYPO...

I'd sign in and say: "I'll be waiting under 
my car."

They'd wink at each other and say to me;
"That's okay Hon...one of us'll come and
gitcha!"

It wasn't bad under the car under that 
shade tree, except the doc had too 
much gravel in his parking lot. It hurt
my back.
*************
MIL
18 JUNE 17
("tard..." sic)







No comments:

Post a Comment