Monday, June 5, 2017

I'M MY OWN NOTAREE





NOTARY PUBLIC Coroplast SIGN with Grommets 8"x12" Horizontal Blue on ...

"Oh I'm my own Notaree
    I'm my own Notaree
It sound funny I know,
     But it really is so
Oh, I'm my own No-ta-ree!"

For you see...this thick
    envelope came in the mail...
Never mind, it was private
    big business---
an' I hadta' sign six times...

Oh yes, six times I hadta' sign...
    "Piece o' cake," I laughed,
"Piece o' cake I sang"
     "For there are many No-ta-rees!"

So we called Pat-see 'cross the
     street... works at a bank...
Ah, she'd retired.

Allison, runs a big Title Company,
     closes houses, heavy-duty
know-how lady, and a no-ta-ree...
     off pescando en Cancun.

Where else, called my bank...
     I knew the manager...
"Hey  An-dee you got no-ta-rees
     hanging from the rafters,
right down there, right?"

"Well, no, it's just me and Ed...
     an' he's out-in-the-field
all day long, practically, 
     you know."

"Can you take care of this
      for me, then?" Remember
I have ten G's in yore bank!"

"Wal, I don't do much of no
     notorizing...you see it
brings in no profit for the
     bank, and you know---
bottom line and all, haha,
     I can see you a week from
Thursday." 

I was ticked off and I lied:
    "Hey, An -dee, I just recalled---
my brother-in-law is a no-ta-ree.."
      (Shame on me, I had fibbed.)

At the office supply company
    I picked up forms, sent a fee
to Santa Fe, got bonded, bought
    my labeler-thing (they don't mash
anymore) an' I signed an' no-ta-reed
    those six documents...

and I reckon a suaver one never lived..                  than me,
    and I was done with it---
It was a right smart
    easier than scouring the town
for a reluctant no-ta-ree...

"Oh, I'm my own no-ta-ree,
     I'm my own no-ta-ree,
It sounds funny I know 
     But it really is so---
I'm my own no-ta-ree."
++++++++++++
BY MIL
17 APRIL 17

No comments:

Post a Comment