Thursday, January 5, 2017

NEW YEAR'S ASPIRATIONS

"OUR LIFE ON EARTH...IS BUT A SPAN....
      AND SO  I'LL DO THE BEST I CAN..."
.....Old Southern Gospel




"More holiness give me
More striving within
More patience in suffering
More sorrow for sin

More faith in my Savior
More sense of his care
More joy in his service
More purpose in prayer

More gratitude give me
More trust in the Lord
More pride in His glory
More hope in His word

More tears for His sorrows
More pain at His grief
More meekness in trial
More praise for relief

More purity give me
More strength to o'ercome
More freedom from earth-stains
More longings for home

More fit for the kingdom
More used would I be
More blessed and holy
More Savior like Thee."


WORDS AND MUSIC---
PHILIP P. BLISS
     1838-1878

No comments:

Post a Comment