Monday, July 11, 2016

WYLIE'S LEAVING ....


For today,
     I found out---
a dear friend
      is moving away

One, with whom
     BE and I have had
many nice visits
     over coffee
for four years,
     almost

In the cold Winter
     and the hot
Summer.. he was wont
     to drop by, for
a little while...as he had
     a delivery job
around town

I've known many people
     in my life, mostly
smart ones...and this 
     friend from old Clovis
is one of the 
     best-informed 
of all---on any subject

His older brother Noel
    was in the CHS '51 class,
but I came to know Wylie
     from the CHS '53 class
even better

He wrote on MIL'S PLACE
     about the KD  Ranch
north of Clovis, on the FRIO
     and about his 
marvelous mother who raised
     nine kids out there

She wrote lines 
     that really grabbed me:
"I've always loved...
      a good storm," she 
penned---
     You can't beat that!

I even wrote 
    a couple of pieces
about him for MIL"S:

"WYLIE CAME BY TODAY!"
     we posted.

It's just the way 
    life is
He and his wife are
    moving away
Another hard thing 
     to accept,
on the journey...

Maybe it was 
     last Christmas
that he brought us a
     Star of Bethlehem
gift on a ribbon...
     made by his wife,
a talented artisan

It hangs around the
     neck of my favorite
"MUSING FROG---JEREMIAH"
      statue---there by my 
"writing window...," 
     year-round now

Reckon I won't ever 
    look over at old 
Jeremiah and see THAT STAR
     that I won't feel a pang
of regret and loss,
    and wonder how my 
OLD FRIEND...Wylie is 
     getting along.
*****************
BY SAD MIL,
JULY 7. 2016








No comments:

Post a Comment