Friday, June 17, 2016

A "BONK" AND A "MOON"


Early June morn
    Sun up and bright
I'm at my "writing window"
     barely up

The grain feeder is but
    five feet away
beckoning the birds
    "Come, partake!"

I, musing, was startled
      by a  LOUD BONK,
A  big bird had bumped the
      window!

And was on the grain, his
      beak busy,  and with all
his jerky motions, checking me
     through the glass!

I was still, and watched.

It was a  beautiful white-winged
     dove, size of a little
chicken, blue and white showing
     under his folded wings

Truly a masterpiece from the 
     Creator.

Tho' a little worried about me
      He was enjoying his breakfast
WHEN a lithe slender cute girl dove
      Fluttered in with a furious fanfare

She landed on a bush not two feet 
     away from him....and peeped something
I could not make out

Then she took off and he turned and
     leaned away from me, and over the grain,
He grabbed a beak-full. and in the
      process

MOONED ME,
       big time...and then he left
with a swoosh.

I think she had said:
      "Your coffee is ready!"
********************
BY MIL
15 JUNE 2016
0733 HOURS







No comments:

Post a Comment