Tuesday, May 10, 2016

FROM A DOG'S PERSPECTIVE



I reckon
     I don't know
          what I'd do
   without humans.

They can be awful
    lovable 
         and fun at times!

Especially when we go
     for car rides with
           the windows down
    or they sneak me 
a bite of people food!

And also I love 'em
     in the summertime
           romping on lawns
    with me....and diving into
swimming pools 
     with all their clothes on!

Sometimes I almost think---
    They're dogs at heart!

At those great times, I always
     "go crazy" and chase my tail
            around in circles
   and figure out other things
that please them...even to chasing
    those crazy frisbees... or following
my people into the pool!

Now---a dog secret---they love it 
     when you cuddle with and
          protect the baby!  Their
    "ah's" are like music to my velvety
ears!

They don't know it, but on Sunday
     nights I play "asleep," you know---
          my chin on my paws (but 
    with one eye open) and I watch
         America's Funniest Videos,
which is mostly starring dogs...and
     I have learned a lot of tricks 
           from that show!

It has helped me develop a creative
      and proper, pleasing "dogality;"

I suppose there is no perfect dog, and
     I too, have my shortcomings---
          Well, here goes---
I love "people" food...am practically
      a "food-aholic;" love sleeping on
  the foot of their bed...especially when 
they're away...and the BIGGIE---it's
    just in my genes to chase squirrels!

If I see a squirrel, I'm outta here...
     and I can't stifle...or stop...

Sometimes when one of my Masters
     gets home tired and worn out...
          and a perceptive dog can sense
   that, doncha know...and I give 'em:

My BEST SYMPATHETIC LOOK (it's all
     in my EYES...I know how to work
          my eyes)...and  they beckon me
     "COME ON UP," and I jump 
up into their Lazy-Boy...and we sorta
           cuddle together...

I lie there, beside 'em, so happy 
     and contented...
           and sometimes wonder---

"Is there a HUMAN HEAVEN?"
*********************
BY MIL
5/10/16
PHOTO BY KINDELL BRINAY MOORE,
      Professional Photographer



No comments:

Post a Comment