Saturday, May 10, 2014

DANCING! DANCING! DANCING!



dancing        dancing        dancing
        for it is May.       and
the tomatoes           are planted.  

anticipating       yum yum
    ripe tomato slices       
                    on bologna sandwiches
red ripe juicy     tomato slices
       covered with cottage chess
salt and pepper

anticipating       yum. yum
  homemade tomato soup
        salsa          with jalapenos
healthful veggie soup
          and corn bread

O, I nearly weep      to think
       I lived twenty years
on this earth.    with no tomato plants

that is.     until I discovered
                          Earth Boxes

O ripe tomatoes
             O the lycopene
                       O the energy
O the sharpness of mind
            O the creativity
                        O the quick step
O the love of life
             O the ability to write
                         O the rosy look

tomatoes.    one of the five best foods

yes.       my tomatoes are in
       ten plants to reach six feet tall
               and I can read poetry
in their shade 
         all the while.  wearing my 
Willie Nelson straw hat     and smelling
               the tomatoes

dancing        dancing.       dancing
   (albeit with a cane....)
the neighbors will see me
            and not thinking of tomatoes
will say

"wonder what he is drinking...."

ah, life is good
                dancing.    dancing


********30******
BY MIL
4/29/14




Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment