Sunday, August 12, 2018

SO LONG....HEADED FOR A QUIET PLACE...AND SOLITUDE



     "WHITE SANDS", by MIL, circa 1969

Have you ever    just got tired
     of all the melees, controversies
kerfuffles       noise       and fury
    signifying nothing....around us

and wanted to escape to 
     a place of peace      somewhere
like a little mountain cabin with a 
    gurgling stream, ever-flowing...
or maybe a remote tiny lake
    with jumping Dolly Vardens?

Where would you go.....?

I know a spot (if it is still there)
    a place with an old gnarled
cottonwood  tree---
    a symbol of life on this earth
as it has had to fight 
and work
        just to live and have
water to drink    along with a
    yucca and other friends
          huddled together
away out there where nobody
     hardly ever goes,  

Tho poet once walked 
     and discovered this peaceful
          bucolic place    on 
a cool  spring day, years ago
and 
     I sat and rested on the
warm sand under the lonely tree...
          and breathed, and hummed
some tunes, and maybe recited
    a poem or two to myself
         and pondered  a bit...

I liked that PLACE. !!!

Now I'm headed back there, to maybe
     "camp" a couple of  days...
    to reset my buttons....got a sleeping
         bag, my canteen full of water, a few
cans of beanie-weenies, and my 
              trusty old Randall...

Oh, I know       me and that scrub tree
       have both got old

I just hope it's still there....
------------------
MIL

28 JULY 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment