Thursday, December 10, 2015

"HAVE A SPAM CHRISTMAS"


"SPAM MATTERS"

Ah, in a brotherly and forgiving spirit, may we hope that
this will be THE YEAR when "Spam-bashing" becomes
history...and all the naysayers see the light!

Can't you just visualize that famous scene in AIRPLANE
in which the passengers were lined up in the aisle, awaiting
with hammers, hatchets, Stillson wrenches and whatall to
bash some sense into the pussilanimous-panicking-
passenger.

To knock sense into Spam-haters, I visualize a more-humane
treatment...like the old backhand back-and-forth, back-and-forth
facial slap...until you hear the famous movie line: 
"THANKS...I NEEDED THAT!"

SPAM deserves some reverence...some appreciation...some
RESPECT. After all, how could we have won WWII without 
it. Yes, we have discussed this before.

Time to tell APPLE to take a hike and dump their derogatory
iPad terminology "SPAM" for that junk column. Insulting! Got 
any ideas for them?

I'da never made it through that semester at Southwestern
Seminary one of the summers I studied there--- without 
Spam...for you see, money was short and I lived on Spam 
and home-fried potatoes...yum...yum. the whole time..

You are saying "Well, I've been there and done that
Spam and potatoes---NO GOOD!"  This is not new to
me---I've heard it before. Don't you get it? YOU FORGOT
THE KETCHUP!!! Plain and simple....It was: THE 
KETCHUP!

"Not to" interject a negative here, but you know the 
scariest thing I've ever seen in my life? It was Raley's
Supermarket, when they closed in circa 2012 (a mile
down the street from us.)

They had a "sell-out" sale, and the third week I dropped
by for old time's sake---one last time---and guess what.
THE SHELVES WERE EMPTY. (You don't want to see
it, trust me.) Oh, a few mops and brooms and dented 
tomato juice cans, and whatever.

When global warming melts Antarctica and Mexico goes
under water and the grocery shelves empty (or when
the dollar fails)  don't expect to walk into a store and
find four or five cases of Spam stacked nicely in the
vast empty shelves....and load up your basket...the 
guy ahead of you did...already... 

Yes sir, Spam will be the first thing to go, along with
tuna, Wolf's Chili, Hormel Tamales, and Sardines
a'floatin in tomato sauce...plus all the canned fruit...
Just say'in...

A friend of mine, who has traveled in Hawaii
a lot, tells me that over there they LOVE
SPAM---why he went to a luau in which they
had a 70 pound fake pig made out of SPAM!

I ask you, doesn't that sound...just marvelous?!

As to stockpiling, I try to avoid it...somewhat...
In WWII they called it "hoarding." But I do
have a coupla cases stored in my attic. If an
emergency arises, I could spare you a few 
cans, maybe...

As far as a hint for any Christmas present 
for ole Mil this year----well, I think you know
WHAT I LIKE!

May you too...HAVE A SPAM CHRISTMAS!
*************************
BY MIL
DECEMBER 10, 2015
"MERRY CHRISTMAS"






No comments:

Post a Comment