Monday, July 20, 2015

THERE'S A SILENCE AT WILD PEACH

"TALKING OAK" AT WILD PEACH


THERE'S A SILENCE AT WILD PEACH

The Little Boogers are gone...

Ah, but the memories remain
    Their spirits are still here...
         At this Happy Place.

If you close your eyes
      and listen...
You can hear them petting
      and feeding the calves...
           Hear the moos?

You can hear. them
      as they run and frolic
           with that 
      matchless gift of youth---
Fitness and energy!

You can hear their laughter
     and girlish screams
          carried all over
Wild Peach, by the fresh
     sea breezes...

"Where's Grandad?
"Can I mow?"
"Bet I can outrun you
      to the Red Barn!"

"Let me drive."
"I got a fish, I got a fish!"
"A BIG ONE!"
"Mine's bigger than yours!"

Ah, the Old Place
     is never
         quite the
             same
after...they're gone...

But...it is always BETTER,
      for
         their memories are
              everywhere
                   you look
                      or listen...

Why, I think I heard a "splash, splash" just now....
         down at the pond.

**************
MIL
7/19/15



No comments:

Post a Comment