Tuesday, July 14, 2015

IT'S MORNING ONCE AGAIN




IT'S MORNING ONCE AGAIN


It's morning...and the world
     awakes!

The faithful old sun is right
     on time
and as bright as ever---
     It never tires.

A cool gentle breeze wafts
    over all,
refreshing the trees, flowers,
    lawns, and gardens...

And tho' early yet, the big white
    fluffy clouds of summer
are already seen around 
    the blue morning sky...
rising up...

O, another day of life!
     A gift
from the Creator, to share
    His joy of being...

And how marvelous:
    Birds are singing all
around the neighborhood!
    Doves are cooing,
as is their wont--

Looking outside my window
    I sit and watch
the little orange-breasted
    finches, the wrens, and
the chickadees
    having a grain breakfast!

O, what to do with this day!?

I will bow my head and say
    my best prayer of 
thanks to God...for it all...

and then...

I will WRITE!


*********
BY MIL
7-11-15


No comments:

Post a Comment