Thursday, June 25, 2015

FIVE LITTLE ROCKS FROM WHERE?



AH,  I GOT IT! THEY'RE....
*************************

Little rocks from space...
   once planets,  from deep
       in the cosmos....

No.

Once giant asteroids,
    eroded by the
        atmosphere...
and now mere shadows
     of their former 
         glory!

No.

They are kidney stones,
    once causing more 
        pain than one 
could ever imagine!

No.

Gall stones, then?

No

Okay...um...rocks found in 
    a dead robin's craw,
       mistakenly ingested?

No

I got it! Rocks bugging a hiker
    in the Rocky Mountains---
        found in his boots!

No

From a bicycle tire, rubbed a hole
    in the tube!

No

Well then, someone went a long 
    time, without shampooing!
       One of those guitarists
          you know, on stage!

No

Your pants cuffs were rolled up,
    the day you gardened.

No.

The washing machine filter was
    stopped up again!?

No

Oh no, not five tooth-fillings
     jarred loose somehow,?

No

Found 'em in your duck-hunting
    coat pocket after a long 
     early morning crawl on 
         the Rio Grande!?

No.

Well shucks, I give up.

Where'd the rocks come from?

Today, I sorted pinto beans 
    for BE, for tonight's
      "corn bread and 
           red beans!"

I found 'em while sortin'.

But I left the half-beans, to eat.

Once, when a kid, I asked my 
mama, "why do you throw away 
the half-beans...they look okay 
to me?"

She said: "Hmm, I don't know.
MY MAMA ALWAYS DID!"

******************
BY MIL
5/22/15




No comments:

Post a Comment