Tuesday, May 12, 2015

LITTLE DUCK...."LOST AND LORN"



 LITTLE DUCK...."LOST AND LORN"
It seemed
                we were
                               fated to have
strange sounds
                        sounds of nature
you might say
                      often heard in our
house

Like once't
                 a cricket cricked
                                           a lot but
we never found 'im
                              and then
a little bird
                chirped off and on
                                             for two
days until he like, died
                                 or something
Turned out, the little bird
                                      was our
smoke alarm battery,
                                goin' kaput.

Then it happened
                           a big-time worry
A little duck "lost and lorn"
                           (maybe from the
neighbor's pond)
                          was lost in our house
somewhere
                  we'd go searching and
he'd quit quacking
              this went on, half a dozen times
or more

In fact, it went on      and on.   then one day
      Ah, one day
                            the wife
said----
           I've lost my telephone.  call it for me
it'll ring, and I'll grab it      I called it for her

A QUACK QUACK QUACK was heard
          from under the couch
                               we found her phone
and our little "lost and lorn" duck

"Oh oh, I forgot--- I set my new phone's
               'ring'
      on Quack Quack Quack!" she said.

"And I've missed six calls!"
********************
BY MIL
May 11, 2015




No comments:

Post a Comment