Monday, January 26, 2015

"TO LOVE…..AND BE LOVED…"

 
Photo by Kindell Brinay Moore
kindellbrinaydesign.com

My job on earth, I think, is to be Man's Best Friend....

To sleep on the foot of your bed on "one dog nights..."
    and keep your feet warm....

To go to parks, with nice green lawns...and chase
    sticks, balls, fake ducks, old leather gloves,
          and---oh boy! Frisbeerrrs!

All the while, randomly checking out the most
    tremendous smells, in the whole world!

To watch and protect the little toddlers, keep
    them safe, cuddle and doze with them
         and let them pull my ears...

Have you ever noticed, I'm ready to go on a
    walk with you...anytime...

You need to know that I much prefer people-
    food, so please give me a morsel,
         now and then....

Better not leave birthday cakes, Christmas 
    cakes, with luscious thick icings---
         pies, and stuff like that, down 
             low anywhere...you don't 
                  realize how that taxes
                      my willpower.

And do open the back window of the pickup
    when we ride---I love the fresh breezes---
          they feel good to my ears...

I may embarrass you...my head hanging out
    the window, and all,  but we all have 
         our quirky habits, don't we?

This BIG WORLD  is a strange and frightening
    place....I am a bit puzzled by my very 
         existence---sometimes I wonder
              in my dog's mind---why
                    am I here?

I know: I LIKE TO LOVE....AND BE LOVED.

That's why I'm glad we met and I'm your dog!
     We seem to hit it off!

I reckon...I'm proud TO BE ON YOUR LEASH!

********30*******
BY MIL
01-20-15

No comments:

Post a Comment