Thursday, December 5, 2013

THE FOOTPRINTS ARE US

Photo by Mil, 1970

Days, week, months…...
I sat at my place...where I write...
with the FOOTPRINTS photo---
(taken with my trusty Rollei many
years ago)
leaning on a chair, right by me.

Studying that photo,
I was stumped.

To me, a poet
(in my own right?)
----at least at heart,
There were metaphors
and meanings galore
hidden in that photo!

Not to even speak of
the artistic skill
of The Creator---His
unbelievable, unpredictable
lines and imagination....

( How would you or I
design the bottom of
an old dry lake bed?)

Countless pieces of writing
tablet paper
have been used and discarded
by me, writing about
these footprints....

Countless others languish...
resting and aging
in the ripening box...
It is true.

But not to worry---
I got it today...while reading
Mary's poetry:
"Later I was the footsteps
that follow the sea..."

Then it came to me:
The old lakebed is LIFE...
and the FOOTPRINTS
are US.

******30******
BY MIL
11/24/13





Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment