Tuesday, July 31, 2012

"TO A LAWNMOWER"


Don't look at me like that!
You know our problem is nothing personal.
It's just that you have some quirks.
Oh, I know you're not perfect---
No lawn mower is, but don't give me that look!

 It's got to where owning you
Is almost like having to walk a dog.
You're always wanting to mow;
I've learned that there are more things
To life...than just work.

I bought you, only because
That beautiful red, SELF-PROPELLED mower,
I had before....Best in the world,
Was always pulling me off down the street,
So the neighbors would see me, struggling,
And I was embarrassed, hanging on to it...
Trying to control it, keep up with it,  slow it down,
Or stop it! Anything.
 Shouldn't have tied it "ON." Live and learn.
(My son has it now...)

Look at you! Sleek and trim and skinny---
Proud with your purring noise...
But what about your borderline anorexia, huh?
Why I've seen you spit out all the grass you've taken in!
Admit it!

And that awful umbilical cord---
You won't move an inch without it,
Think I haven't noticed?
It gets in my way and I trip over it.
Just look at at the black bandaged spots:
Where I ran over it!
Okay, I've already said: "I'm sorry!"

Don't look at me like that.
Old fellows just make mistakes when mowing.
And don't worry, don't pout,
You'll mow again, be sure of that...

Even if it is
When the son drops by...
Or when the wife's knee gets better.

---------30--------
BY MIL
6/26/12






Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment