Monday, July 8, 2019

"I WILL MEET YOU IN THE MORNING BY THE BRIGHT RIVERSIDE"

...THOUGHTS OF HEAVEN, FROM OUR SONGS...


"Thou the spring of all my comfort,
   More than life to me;
Whom have I on earth beside Thee
   Whom in heaven but Thee?"
--------
"We're marching upward to Zion
   the beautiful City of God."
       2 Samuel 5:7
-------
"O day for which creation
   and all its tribes were made..."
   from ..."Ten Thousand Times
                       Ten Thousand"
--------
"Shall we gather at the river
   where bright angel feet have trod,
With its crystal tide forever
   flowing by the throne of God?
Yes we'll gather at the river,
   the beautiful, beautiful river--
Gather with the saints at the river
   that flows by the throne of God."
       ....Robert Lowry 1826-1899
-------
"In the mansions bright and blessed
    He'll prepare for us a place.
When we all get to heaven
    What a day of rejoicing that will be..."
--------
"When the trumpet of the Lord
   shall sound and time shall be no
more, and the morning breaks eternal
    bright and fair;
When the saved of earth shall gather
   over on the other shore--
When the roll is called up yonder,
   I'll be there."
--------
"Blessed Saviour thou will guide us
   'til we reach that blissful shore,
Where the angels wait to join us
   in Thy praise forevermore."
   from..."Life Is Like A Mountain Railroad"
----------
"Jerusalem, the golden,
    with milk and honey blest...
I know not, oh I know not
   What joys await us there--
What radiancy of glory
    What bliss beyond compare."
 ....Bernard of Cluny, 12 th century
-------
"I'm satisfied with just a cottage
    below,
A little silver and a little gold;
    But in that city, where the ransomed
will shine,
    I want a gold one, that's silver lined."

"I'm headin' for the last Roundup..."
-------
"I look away across the sea where
   mansions are prepared for me,
And view the shining glory shore--
   my heav'n my home, forevermore."
    . ..."Beulah Land, Sweet Beulah Land"
-------
MIL
8 JULY 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment