Friday, September 14, 2018

THE LOST GREEN BEAN


"....like an old skinny goose...."

THE LOST GREEN BEAN

That day
   while sitting
at my writing place
   B.E. bro't me a sack
of nice fresh
       green beans.
to clip off the ends
  with the rugged Fiskars...
and snap ...

(like my mama did
            a thousand times)

Now
    my being a fast and
efficient green-bean-person,
    beans and pieces
were flying everywhere....
   clipped ends were abundant,
and ah....

Suddenly, as if from nowhere
   a big nice green bean
went a'flying out
   from somewhere
and

It simply disappeared.

A search of my neat
  and pristine
writing area, after
   sweeping up snapped-
ends...   turned up nothing.

Oh, it is awful to waste
   food...lo-cal food
to boot...but that bean
   was gone!

Today
  it turned up...my
lost much-searched-for
   green bean
in a never-looked place.

In my bookshelf
   on the spine
of a Faulkner 
  but
my bean, lost
  for two. weeks...
was inedible---

It had shriveled...
     like an old skinny goose.



------------

MIL
14 SEPTMBER 18

No comments:

Post a Comment