Wednesday, May 10, 2017

THE ROADRUNNER ON MY COOBER PEDY



Some meticulously observant souls
     who seem to 
miss nothing with their 
     roving eyes

Have written Mil, saying
     "What is that 
Roadrunner Pin
      doing there
on yore Coober Pedy?"

"It's not an Aussie Bird,"
       they say.
"Did you win it, some way?"
      they ask.

"Well," I could say---
     (using "Poetic License,"
which some call "plain-old-
      lying,")
...something like 
      "I outran coupla hunnert
older people in a Marathon!"

"Whaddaya think of them 
       apples?"

But I'll level with ya.

I awarded it to myself
      for the time when
KOB RADIO had a 
      "NAME OUR RADIO
TRAFFIC CHASE CAR,"
    contest, on the air!

and I won, with
      "ROADRUNNER."

Larry, the radio host, and
      fellow honchos 
took me out to dinner at
      The Gin Mill.

A good dinner it was too
     with my regaling
and hob-nobbing (with) those
       important radio guys....

But I needed something 
      tangible 
to remind myself of 
      my greatness...
and so----

THE ROADRUNNER PIN.

Good thing too, as 
    FAME 

is very fleeting.


*************************************
BY MIL  
30 APRIL 17

No comments:

Post a Comment