Tuesday, August 6, 2013

THE ROSE

******************************************************************
BEAUTIFUL, RED, "THE BEST ONE IN THE GARDEN"
******************************************************************

'Tis the last rose of summer,
For me anyway...
A gift brought by a friend
Out of kindness.
How nice!
Well, I've loved that rose.

I'd never had one before---
That I can remember, at least
Not resting in a little vahsse
On my writing desk.

The gentle light from the window
Shines in on my rose as it sits
An arm's length from my eyes,
And breathes its marvelous
Fragrance, beauty, and wisdom
Into my mind every day...
Yes...wisdom
And helps me think and write.

Roses are that way.

I sit here and study the rose...
Admire it...and listen to it.
Yes, I listen!
It says important things,
Tho' not out loud.

It says...
"I am a beautiful metaphor for all Creation."

"Within my petals lies more wisdom
Than any mortal being can fathom..."

"The whole world is a marvelous miracle!"

"Where would you be...had you never
come to earth?"

"Pay attention to me, all the flowers,
and all things bright and beautiful."

"Love and honor the Creator every day."

Do we listen to the wind?
Study the fluffy floating clouds, drifting by?
Are we ever mesmerized by the shimmering leaves?
Do we see the little eddy's of sand, in a sandy place---
Swirling lightly along in a gentle breeze....
Tumbleweeds, rolling along--- free at last---
Or the autumn leaves, skipping merrily down the street
In a cold October wind?

Do we see and listen to---

Baby chicks...
Baby ducks....
A brand-new baby's little toes....
Things tell us things...

All these things have messages for us....
JUST LIKE THE ROSE.

'Tis the last rose of this summer
But maybe there will be
More summers, more roses,
And more stories.

*******30******
BY MIL
8/06/13



Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment