Thursday, July 18, 2013

WHAT ARE DOGS THINKING?



*********************************************************
"YOU KNOW, I'M DOGGONE TIRED OF ALL THIS WAITING!"
*********************************************************

"I'd like to have gone fishing, too.
They left me here.
Yes, they did it again---went fishing without me!
Getting up early didn't help.
The early-dog didn't catch the worm!"

"Must be patient.
Dogs can't afford to get antsy"

"Oh-h-h, this frosty deck is freezing my bottom!
And ugh---this collar's getting a bit tight.
I think I've put on some weight."

"Boy, a good piece of fried chicken would
hit the spot, right now!"

"That deck there, in front of me, where it sticks up---
I've got to watch that...I stumbled over it once.
It tripped me on my running-dive; I slid!
(Made me look bad to the whole world.)
You'd think humans could build a smooth deck."

"I'm scoping out this scene, but not much going on...
A little boring, I'd say.
Hope they don't catch anything---
Then they'll be back soon
And we can do something important, maybe
Like throwing sticks."

"I haven't spotted a single jumping trout,
Or any big juicy bugs flying
For them to jump at."
Personally I can't see what a trout sees
In an UGHY bug anyway.
I'd want to gargle after eating one.

"Those trees reflecting in the  water
Are pretty neat.
I'd almost go for a morning swim
But at my age it's hard to
Get back on the dock.
Besides that water looks cold..."

I thought I saw a squirrel over there
On the other shore...
But who knows?
My eyesight is not what it was."

"If it were perchance a squirrel
And he was on this side
I'd give that sucker a good run
For his money!"

"What is it, anyway...about squirrels?
I can't explain it; they just excite me...
Get my adrenalin going!"
  
"Why even the word 'squirrel' just sets me off---
I go wild! My master says it so wonderfully:
 'SKWER- RUH-LL,' 'SKWER-RUH-LL,'
He squeezes out every sound
 In that word...and you know---
I think he does it on purpose
To excite ME!"

"You know, I love my master,
And I love humans...
But I do wish they'd fool around more
With us dogs---we like to do stuff.
A lot of stuff..."

"Fishing---how monotonous!"

"HO-HUM, ALWAYS WAITING....
IT'S A DOG'S LIFE!"
*****************

Here are what some of my "dog-understanders" say the dog is thinking:

Reader One:
1. How far could I jump from this dock?
2. When is dinner time?
3. There could be a squirrel on the other side!
4. Someone should come and pet me...please.
5.  What is the meaning of life?
     ----"C-MAN"
*************
Reader Two:
1. What is that white smoke-lookin' stuff?
2. Man, I'm glad I'm a dog!
3. I wonder if the water is cold.
4. I wonder what all the poor dogs in the world are doing today.
5. WOW! I would make a great postcard!
     ----ALAN
**************
Reader Three:
   1. Should I take a swim or not?
   2. When my master jumped in, why didn't he come back up?
   3. I see the smoke from the fire, but why don't I smell it?      
   4. If I jump in, it's a long swim to reach shore.
   5. If I jump in, I am going to lose all the curls in my hair.
       ----ROBERT
   **************

Reader Four:
     1. It is my duty to report any fish activity to my master.
     2. My keen sense of hearing and sight are the perfect tools for this
         picture-perfect water!
     3. I just ate breakfast and I can't wait for my master to get here with
         his fishing pole!
     4. This is great! I heard my owner talking about all the ducks that land
          here on calm, foggy mornings!
     5. Maybe this is why my name is "Lucky!"
         ----LATRECA

      MIL'S PLACE has recognized and written about noted people
who have contributed to our lives and society in a positive way:
teachers, a scoutmaster, a mayor, businessmen, mothers (read about
Wylie's fantastic mother) and fathers, classmates, friends who are
gone...and it seems time to write about man's "Best Friends," our
beloved animal friends---the dogs!

It is said that dogs were put on earth to teach man what "unconditional
 love" is. We've all read the famous prayer: "Lord, help me to become
the kind of person my dog thinks I am."

*******30******

BY MIL.and THE READERS
7/18/13



Sent from my iPad






No comments:

Post a Comment