Monday, September 3, 2012

WANTING TO DO A POEM ABOUT "SAND!"'





*********************************************
"THE ANSWER IS BLOWIN' in the WIND!"
*********************************************

Oh How Much!
Oh, how much,
oh how much
I've been wanting to do a poem...
ABOUT SAND!
(Have you ever tried that?!)

Four, five, six times I've tried,
And written stuff---
It just didn't have
That poetic FEEL, that impact---
You know: that "Whammo"
That I want, that makes people say
"Wow, is THIS a poem, or what?!"

(Some will say:
"Well, no wonder! It's hard to get
'Whammo' out of 'sand!'")

That recent post, about some adults
Who "edit out" ninety-percent of their
Surroundings, and spend life seeing
Only the ten percent---
Well, sand may be part of that ninety;
SAND IS A MIRACLE.

And like many of us,
It is more loved
when it stays still---
and doesn't blow.

Poems are hard to do...
Writing is hard to do...
A noted editor says:
"The main thing in good writing---
is to have PASSION."

I'm going to try to muster
Some. (Passion.)
And finish my
Sand poem.

*********30**********
BY MIL
9/02/12



Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment