Friday, April 11, 2014

THE APPLE TREE…IS GONE



A cool gentle breeze is blowing this morning
    across my neighbor's backyard---
          but alas...it is not sighing 

through my favorite apple tree. For you see,
    after thirty springs of beautifying
          the world, with its clean,
               fragrant trunk and branches,

and sweet-smelling blossoms, every April,

"My tree" now lies on the ground...in chunks,
     ready to be hauled away, to be burned,
          to cook a steak...or warm a hearth.

O words cannot come even close to expressing
    how I hate seeing an apple tree 
                  destroyed.

But what is to be done? It was "diseased."
    All his trees, and his Rose of Sharon,
         have all been diseased---how awful!

And all the while...........
    they looked beautiful to me.

All his trees have become "diseased...."
    But mine are okay....

Thank goodness.

Goodbye my dear friend:
    the apple tree.

********30*******
BY MIL
4/10/14

No comments:

Post a Comment