Saturday, February 16, 2013

"MY" PRIVACY POLICY!

*****************************************
"DON'T TELL NOBODY NUTHIN' "
*****************************************

I keep getting these thick white envelopes with notices from banks, credit cards, and  others with whom I have to deal---"people from my portfolio," we'll call them. These notices are about THEIR "privacy policy"--- re me and my money (however little it may be.)

Have you ever thought it strange---that the banks, retail stores, gasoline companies, and others  with whom we do business, and are profiting  and exist simply because of us---those that are making money off our money or our purchases and our good will---have this habit of sending us THEIR privacy policy regarding US. Aren't they "all heart," as the saying goes? Don't they have it backward?

Even a lawyer with slack time would charge a lot just to read and translate these things. I have tried to read them and my eyes glass over!  They are definitely not good bedtime reading.

Wait a minute---have I got this right? I trade with them, I bank with them, I burn their gasoline, I use their services---they make money off me. Now then, why should I care a whit about THEIR privacy policy? I can leave them and go somewhere else, if they fool with me. Know what I mean?

It kind of reminds me of that favorite old Bogart movie "The Treasure of the Sierra Madre," when Bogart said to the lovable old Mexican bandit posing as a sheriff: "Let's see your badge." The Mexican bandit hemmed and hawed and  replied: "Badges, badges, I don't  need no stinkin' badges!"

I don't need no stinkin' privacy policy.

The next thing coming will probably be privacy notices from our lawyers, doctors, ministers, and shrinks. Don't have a shrink? If this keeps up, we'll all need one.


The irritating thing about these notices, if you'll just read one, is that they set forth in 1,2,3,4 etc. things you can change and things you can't change. If it is my money, I can change what ever I want to. Even banks!

The Golden Rule applies: "He who has the gold, makes the rules."

Here is my privacy policy in two parts:

"DON'T TELL NOBODY NUTHIN.' " or
"ADIOS MUCHACHOS!"

*******30*******
BY MIL
2/09/13


Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment